Some worry about how much other's do or more likely DO NOT DO for their part in church responsibilities. Yes, it's difficult to always (I say this with some exaggeration) be the last family out of church, trash bags in hand, exhausted from cleaning, 2 or more tasks assigned for the next week.
My children ask, "why do we always have to be the last ones to leave?"
Didn't Christ say when he comes again for judgement day that the strong will be the last to leave? If we think about it, why would he take the strong first? He will need us to hold fast to our faith and fight through the trials. I never expect I will see that day...but if I consider every day I walk on this earth a portion of judgement day, then the small amount of work that I do is so very little.
Each time I do an extra hour of labor or get out the bread ingredients from the pantry to make Prosphora I remember, it's not a question of who is helping out, it's just doing. A satisfied feeling that I know never compares to His doing on that Easter day. But its my doing to keep my faith active. And to show my children that we are the last out of church because we don't just watch, we do, we are involved, and we allow God to work through us. We are strong.
Yes, we are few and may always be few. Christ told us it would be this way, so why are we now so surprised that we are among the 10% that does? It is our role to carry the rest if need be. I feel blessed to be one of those chosen for this role. It was that way for me and my husband when we were young. Both of our families were the last to always leave, often the ones to lock up. I hope and pray that my children will also be this when they are grown.
I am blessed to be capable and driven. When we do, the Holy Spirit is active in us and will work through us.

No comments:
Post a Comment